How fast the year is flying by!
It’s already the end of our first quarter for this financial year 16-17, and I am so proud of what our team has achieved. We are on target for this year’s goals and we’ve grown 16% since last year, with increases in both our temporary and permanent recruitment teams.
Our recent success in growing our volume of workers on site is in spite of some staff having well deserved summer holidays with family – so I’m even more impressed with team BCUK in this summer period, and I hope that our staff on annual leave are enjoying some relaxation time. Have an extra pina colada to celebrate, wherever you are in the world! Big congratulations to Emma, Elle, Sarah, Rory and Chantalle this month who have achieved personal bests and are making great steps towards their yearly goals.
A couple more huge highlights of this quarter have been:
• It was great to have a presence at the CIH exhibition and conference for the second year in a row, and we’ve been seeing lots of successes since. We enjoyed catching up with some old friends, and making some new ones too. Thanks to our clients that joined us for drinks and dinner, and to the team who made it possible in BCUK.
• Successes on key Preferred Supplier Lists based on our quality and expertise in specific sectors, particularly in social housing, the residential market and within trades and labour. We look forward to this leading to long term partnerships that benefit both us and our clients.
• Steps made by our new resourcing manager Dave to strengthen our candidate care processes, including making links with regional and local training providers in order to provide more work for trainees and local communities.
• Huge congratulations to our newly promoted consultants Rory Carty, Emma Hughes and Elle Mackie. We’re so proud to have you all as part of our team – and we look forward to seeing your continued successes this year.
• Second big congratulations to our Office of the Quarter Team Manchester – over the last 3 months we’ve seen the Manchester team really knuckle down, build a great foundation for exceeding targets, and importantly, we’ve seen the team support each through the highs and lows. Well done to Manchester!
• We’ve made a number of key appointments this quarter as we grow the BCUK family in all three North West Offices. Big welcome to Amy Henderson, Jamie Gibson, Jordan Foley, Kane Ditchfield and Martin Thompson. Most recently, Martin joins us from Setsquare where he spent ten years building relationships in the Major Civils and Highways sector, and we’re looking forward to sharing in his wealth of experience as part of the Manchester team.
This quarter, I look forward to seeing our team thrive as we continue to build on our successes of the summer months. We have lots of exciting things coming up – stay tuned for next month’s blog to find out what we got up to next …