The residential division at Building Careers has gone from strength to strength in 2019; building on an already experienced team with the introduction of 3 specialist residential consultants each bringing their own unique skill set and expert knowledge in their respective vertical markets (trades, freelance and technical), we’re able to offer our clients a true one stop shop.
With years of experience under our belt I believe in the team and the proof is in the pudding when it comes to how much we work together to offer a quality service to both our candidates and clients.
The housing market is growing at a rapid rate and our clients are very positive about growth in 2020, in fact they have targeted to do even more numbers than 2019. I am very excited about what 2020 has offer within our sector.
The uncertainty of Brexit, the election and even the weather looks like it’s not going to affect the current market, with sales already high and one of our clients selling 6 houses in the first week of December .... it is showing no signs of slowing down.
So what’s happened this year?
The 'Help to Buy' scheme has been extended until 2023 and a market rise in the number of social housing projects, which I think is fantastic.
With £8m being the combined value of projects started during the 3 months to September 2019, which is a 16% rise compared to a year ago and £9.6m being the value of contracts awarded in the 3 months to September 2019 which is a fantastic 14% rise on the 2018 figures.
What have Building Careers done as a business?
• Strengthened our recruitment process (in-depth interviews with candidates, documentation proving H&S scores and much more)
• Brought in up to 10 new businesses who have given repeat business within the residential market.
• We have brought in market specialists who are experts in their own fields
• We are strengthening our relationships across all fields pushing to be a one-stop shop for all our client's sourcing candidates across Trades, Commercial, Operational (freelance and perm) and Technical fields.
• Attended market-leading events such as Place Northwest, NHBC awards, Insider Residential and Property awards and much more.
I look forward to what the market brings this year and I hope the hard work the whole team has put in during 2019 hasn’t gone unnoticed to all our clients. We want to be your first port of call when you have a vacancy, working with the best candidates in the market and representing the most exciting new prospects in the Northwest market.
Thanks for your continued support and I look forward to working with you throughout 2020.