Assistant Estimator - Build
Job DescriptionOur client based on the outskirts of Manchester offers customers a quality, D&B Construction, Commercial Interior Design and Fit-Out services since 1970. The company has grown into one that redefines workspaces, and delivers outstanding solutions with expertise and precision.
They have become specialists on the outside, as well as on the inside…with significant experience in areas such as Offices, Commercial, Industrial Projects, Traditional Construction Schemes.
They currently have 3 requirements in Estimating to take their business to the next level. On offer is a chance to work with an enviable respected contractor and receive top salaries and remuneration packages.
£20k - £35k + package
The Assistant Estimator will assist in the preparation of estimates for D&B Main Building Contractors
in accordance with Company estimating systems and procedures, working with other
members of the tender teams to secure sufficient work by value and type, in order to meet
What you'll need to succeed
* Minimum 1 years estimating experience in the construction sector required
* We would expect the successful candidate to have some experience preparing tenders and undertaking take offs from construction drawings, reading drawings, and using excel to a good standard.
* Main Contracting experience would be an advantage but not essential.
* Good professional telephone skills with smart appearance.
* Preparing tender bids and collating information from enquiries received.
* Attendance at client meetings with senior estimator / director.
* Assisting with developing relationships with key clients.
* Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
* Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Assisting director with chasing leads and gathering feedback on quoted projects and maintaining accurate up to date records.
* Preparing accurate take offs from drawings.
* Computer literate- especially in Excel, Word and Outlook
What you'll get in return
You will receive a generous salary of up to £65,000, a company vehicle or car allowance and other great benefits.