Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionThe Company
A well respected Merseyside Building Contracts undertaking building projects up to £10m.
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will provide advice, report on and help control all commercial and financial aspects of projects and contracts. The role includes offering support to the Project Manager to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, to budget and to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will also assist the Commercial Director in providing commercial expertise for projects to maximise returns by working within robust procedures to support the Project Managers.
* Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain.
* Receive and analyse quotations, liaising with Project Managers and Site Agents regarding price, proven experience, availability etc.
* Notify in writing both successful and unsuccessful subcontractors in a timely manner.
* Produce and process formal subcontract documents and certify interim and final payments and final subcontract account.
* Produce bill of quantity/activity schedule for payment purposes.
* Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts e.g.: interim/finals applications for payment/final accounts/payment for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g.: engineers, clients, sub-contractors etc.
* Produce relevant monthly reports for the Commercial Director. e.g.: cost and value comparisons, etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate.
* Contribute to and attend meetings with the client, engineers and subcontractors as required.
* Provide advice and support to the site team in order to optimise the use of contract resources.
* Give feedback to Estimators and Contract Managers with regard to contact pricing, projected profit/loss, pricing omissions etc.
Key Measures & Targets:
* Accurate monthly forecasting
* Ability to challenge resources and costs
* Maintaining deadlines in line with monthly commercial calendar
Commercial Director/Quantity Surveyor and rest of project team