Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionOur client has been Established for 100 years and have an enviable reputation across the Construction Industry.
Due to company expansion, our client is looking for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their busy team reporting into Senior Quantity Surveyor.
They are interested in applicants with a degree or under graduates in Quantity Surveying and no experience required although preferred. This candidate will gain hands on experience.
Based in Bury but with regular site visits/days which will involve travelling to relevant sites mostly in North West and the surrounding counties, this role will involve:
* All aspects of quantity surveying from early construction phases including measurement, valuation and managing payment applications throughout the project to final accounts.
* Assist with the negotiation of sub-contract orders
* Preparing sub-contract order requisitions
* Maintaining sub-contract payment/charges registers
* Carrying out of weekly sub-contract payments
* Producing weekly cost and value reports
* Managing centralised cost allocation system
* Provide feedback on commercial matters to management
* Other commercial administration activities as may be required from time to time
* Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet changing operational needs.
If you have driven and ambition we would be delighted to hear from you.
* An energetic and motivated professional with natural drive and initiative;
* A candidate who addresses problems and implements change;
* An intuitive individual who can use natural negotiation skills to resolve issues;
* Commercially aware and financially astute
* A person who is well organised and can operate independently
* A team player able to develop good relationships within the Company and outside
Salary and Package negotiable dependent on experience