Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionAssistant Quantity Surveyor
Our client is a long established PLC and rapidly expanding. This will be a pivotal role within our closely-knit commercial team working on exciting residential and mixed use projects.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
* General project coordination and administration.
* Preparation of initial site budgets.
* Liaison, co-ordination with other departments regarding development works including engineers, surveyors, buyers, interiors and the construction team.
* Preparation of subcontract tender documents.
* Negotiation of subcontract packages.
* Chairing and preparation of minutes for Subcontract pre-order meetings.
* Preparation of subcontract documentation.
* Subcontract payments, variation claims and final account settlement.
* Measurement, calculation and preparation of direct labour prices.
* Processing payment of direct labour wages.
* Coordination with contractors on site.
* Site visits and inspections.
* Liasion with external consultants with regard to cost issues.
* Payment of utility services as required.
* Obtain risk assessments, method statements and safety documentation from subcontractors.
* Taking off and scheduling of materials for passing to buyers for ordering.
* Preparation of monthly cost reports for submission to Directors.
* Preparation of external valuations for finance reporting and funding agreements.
* Continuous financial advice throughout project to Site Management team.
* Attendance of fortnightly Project Review meetings.
* Ensuring cost control on site throughout the development programme to completion.
* Maintaining site files and records.
* Ensuring correct cost coding of project costs.
* Such other duties, reasonably consistent with the foregoing, as may be require
You will be a driven individual with a working knowledge of JCT forms of contract and have proven cost management and project administration abilities at a junior or assistant level. Experience of a directly employed labour force would be an advantage, but not essential. Ideally you will have residential and/or commercial project experience and relevant industry qualifications would be beneficial.
Qualifications & Training
You will have residential and/or commercial project experience. Relevant industry qualifications would be beneficial.