Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Building Company
Job DescriptionOur client are experts in building on all types of building facade and structures, particularly those difficult and complex 'mixed surfaces' including natural stone, reconstituted stone, brickwork, wood and terracotta etc.
Working alongside the Contracts Director as an Assistant QS/QS. Initially implementing best practice within the QS function, with the longer-term goal of greater all-round involvement in the business to develop a Senior Commercial role within the company.
* Split based role, office and site(s).
* Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns.
* Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
* Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
* Produce comprehensive subcontract orders, manage their return and completion with accurate records taken.
* Administer Subcontractors accounts, in accordance with the subcontracts, including valuing, re-measuring and certifying timely payments.
* Agreement of contract variations, communication of their outcome, implications and the preparation of forecast final accounts.
* Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract.
* Maintain cash management of projects, by minimising costs and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works packages.
* Work in partnership with all departments, assist in driving communications & problem solving.
* Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
* Degree educated as a Quantity Surveyor (or similar Commercial role within Construction)
* 2+ years' experience working within a graduate/assistant QS role (ideally for a Main Contractor)
* Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
* The ability to measure from drawings to produce Contractors Quantities and to refer to available price data and information to prepare estimates for variations.
* A high level of competency of Microsoft packages
* A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
* The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
* Excellent communication skills
* Appropriate CSCS card.
* Valid driving licence.
* £25,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
* Company Pension
* Company car or car allowance
* 28 days' annual leave