Assistant Quantity Surveyor (Civil Engineering)
Job DescriptionOur client is a Mid-Sized National Contractor specialising in R.C Frames, Post Tensioning, Heavy Civil Works, Groundwork's & Drainage Installations. They undertake works across a variety of sectors including Schools, Academy's, Student Accommodation, Hotels, and Apartments.
You will have had experience working off various forms of contract. You will be primarily utilising JCT forms of contract with some bespoke variations and NEC.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor -
* To update and maintain weekly site costs spreadsheets including materials, plant, labour and staff
* To provide clear and accurate site measurements including drawing take-off's
* To provide and agree measurements for valuations
* To reconcile all delivery notes to enable payment of materials/plant
* Procurement of subcontractors
* To prepare and authorise subcontract payments
* To negotiate the rates, terms & conditions and dayworks of subcontract orders and then setup of the system for payment
* To produce cost control and variation reports for the site
* To update and maintain staff time and allocation sheets and produce a weekly cost for the site
* To prepare and check all site requisitions for plant and materials and then forward on to the buying team for procurement
* To attend weekly progress and subcontract meetings and occasionally chair the meeting in the absence of the Senior QS.
You will be provided with the very best training, career structure and development plane to ensure you achieve the very best goals in your Quantity Surveyor required. A competitive salary and package on offer to the successful candidate.