Assistant Quantity Surveyor - National Contractor
Job DescriptionAssistant Quantity Surveyor
Warrington; Top 5 Contractor
Our client is a Top 5 National Building Contractor. They are currently seeking a bright and enthusiastic Assistant QS for their Warrington office.
The candidates will be required to undertake the following role:
Assist the site and project surveyor in the development and implementation of all pre and post contract strategies, commercial functions and contract reporting.
Take accountability for personal and professional development of self.
Main responsibilities: - (day to day activities that you need to deliver above)
Health & Safety:
Regularly undertake site safety samples
Review subcontract site safety samples with commercial and production management to develop understanding of process and obligations.
Ensures PDR's A&B, Training Manuals are regularly completed for self.
Be open and receptive to feedback and demonstrate a willingness to change behaviour.
Regularly ensure that his/her key objectives are reviewed with line management.
Create and regularly review personal action plans for project and personal related tasks.
Regularly takes part in customer plan reviews and demonstrates awareness of the "selling" process.
Regularly complete on site measurements/ take offs.
Develop accurate site records to assist in the measurement and valuation with regard to: -
Material and plant cost
COI and day works
Develop an understanding of the internal/external commercial strategies with regard to minor subcontract packages and on site prelims.
Develop a basic understanding of subcontract procurement processes.
Develop an understanding of all commercial processes and how these can be used to maximise returns to all stake holders.
Develop a particular understanding of the M&V process in order to support the production of monthly CVRs.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
* Construction methods and technology
* Measurement and valuation
* Cost control
* Understanding of financial accounts and reports
* Understanding of administration of contract records
* Sub contract materials orders and buying
* Basic knowledge of contractual obligations
* Interpersonal skills- Ability to form relationships with supply chain and work effectively with site management and the site team
* Basic commercial skills- basic understanding of maximising value recovery
* Basic ability to form relationships with PQS and the design team
* To hold or to be part way through obtaining an industry accredited degree
Excellent salary and packages on offer for the successful candidate.