Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Major Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client is working on a range of high profile building projects up to £80m across a broad range of sectors.
With a dynamic, energetic team they seek an Assistant QS they can develop and train to be a future leader within the company. The careers scope and potential is unbeatable as they have ambitious plans.
The company Management / Directors have over 150 years' experience in the Glasgow region.
High Rise & General Construction
Duties will include:
Receiving client brief and assessing scope of works
* Preparing bills of quantities and schedules of works for pricing
* Dealing with tender stage subcontract and material enquiries
* Subcontract procurement and award, producing subcontract agreements
* Attending, contributing to and taking minutes of meetings as required
* Keeping master files of contract correspondence
* Preparing valuations with client's, agreeing amounts for payment and ensuring invoices are prepared and issued
* Processing subcontract payments
* Re-measuring work using site measurement and measurement from drawings
* Informing sub-contractors of contract variations
* Valuing variations
* Pricing dayworks
* Dealing with contractual issues
* Provision of cost advice to Design Consultants
* Assisting with reporting on contract performance via monthly cost/value reconciliations
* Agreeing client and sub-contract final accounts
* Assisting with contract management duties as and when required
You will have:
* Post Graduate in Quantity Surveying.
* Accurate numeracy skills and a methodical approach to working is essential
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Competent IT user
* General knowledge of the construction industry is essential
* Valid driving licence
For more information or a confidential discussion please don't hesitate to contact.