Assistant Quantity Surveyor - National Contractor
Job DescriptionThis role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Quantity Surveyor with Education (experience who can take responsibility for a number of projects, acting as the sole contact with each client as well as provide support to the existing team in the delivery of projects.
There will be a focus on professional work on a wide variety of selected projects ranging from £5m to £300m including:
* Commercial new build and refurbishment projects
* Major residential and mixed use developments
* Sports and Leisure/Stadium projects - both nationally and globally
* Data Centres
They are a great company to work for and really value their staff. They are looking for a great Assistant Quantity Surveyor to come on board and work alongside the team.
Duties will include:
* To undertake responsibility for projects under the supervision of a Senior Surveyor
* Management of measurement, valuations, applications for payment and final accounts
* Responsibility for sub-contractor procurement, orders, valuations and final accounts
* Preparation of correspondence to client's representatives and sub-contractors
* Preparation of monthly cost value reconciliations
* Preparation and agreement to subcontractors of contra-charge claims
* Project administration from inception to making good defects
* To attend site and pre-contract meetings
* To provide administrative, clerical and technical support as required
The ideal candidate would have finished their degree or coming to the end of their day release. They would prefer someone from a main contracting environment.
Personality is important; you must be career minded and wanting to succeed. You must have at least 2 years' experience within an Assistant Surveyor role within the construction sector.