Assistant Quantity Surveyor - New Build Contractor
Job DescriptionCompany Type: New Build Contractor
Location: Liverpool or Manchester
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our clients award winning Contracting business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all costs relating to their New Build projects. Your focus is to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
For this role, it is essential that you can demonstrate a proven track record working as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on New Build projects. With offices in both Liverpool and Manchester you can base yourself out of either to suit your home location.
* Analysis of tender allowances
* The measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
* Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
* Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
* Subcontract and Design Procurement
* Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
* Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
* Preparation of cost to complete
* Financial Reporting
* Cash management and maximisation
* Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
* Provision of standard reports
* Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
Experience and Qualifications:
* You will have experience of working within the Construction industry directly for a housing developer, specifically on volume off spec housing projects.
* You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting New Build Contractors, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges. Our benefits package includes
* Competitive salary
* Annual bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement with the opportunity to purchase additional days
* Private Healthcare
* Discounted Gym memberships
* SAYE scheme
'Rewards' Scheme - Voluntary benefits scheme