Assistant Quantity Surveyor - PLC Contractor
Job DescriptionWe are currently recruiting for the PLC blue chip contractor for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
The exciting opportunity is designed to develop talented individuals who will grow and potentially lea their business in the future. This means providing you with the technical expertise, business knowledge, professional skills and ongoing support to be the best you can be.
You will have the opportunity to work within a Commercial team on a build major build project up to £200m in value.
Great Careers built with us
You will predominantly based within the commercial department, however you will get to spend time within key areas of the business such as land and planning, technical, construction and sales to help your understanding of Bellway.
An overview of the programme is as follows:
* Successful candidates will attend a 2 day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn more about the business, the 2 year programme and meet the other graduates.
* You will spend time working within key areas of the business including construction, sales, commercial, technical, land and finance.
* Over the course of the programme you will attend 'skills camps' and work on projects with your fellow graduates that provide ongoing development and support.
You will be allocated a local buddy to help you settle into your role and a mentor to support your ongoing development.
The quality of their developments, the strength of their business strategy and the value they deliver to their stakeholders are all a result of the talented people who, together, can't be beaten.
Because of this they are much more interested in what you could do, than what you have already done. They are looking for graduates who can demonstrate the following behaviours:
* Demonstrates financial and commercial acumen
* Ability to make reasoned decisions
* Ability to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
* Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and have good time management skills
* Committed to diversity and inclusion
In addition to this, we are looking for graduates with the following:
* BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
* Willing to travel around the UK and stay away from home for short periods of time (2 days maximum a week).