Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Refurbishment
Job DescriptionOur client is a dynamic, award winning property refurbishment building company with 100 + years of heritage.
As a result of their success they are seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work from their HQ in Oldham. The Commercial team looks after live refurbishment/refit projects throughout Manchester.
Summary - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
The role of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor is to assist in obtaining and evaluating information to help ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for a number of designated projects / contracts.
Liaise with the Contracts management team, Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of a designated project / contract.
Main Responsibilities - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Typically, the assistant, under the direction of the QS, or other designated supervisor, will be expected to assist with the following duties:
* Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders
* Assist in the development of the procurement programme
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of cash flow forecast for designated projects
* Assist in the preparation of monthly valuation reports.
* Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time
* Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements
* Liaise with Contractors, Suppliers and the Client to establish project specification and requirements
* Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary
* Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale
* Assist in the control of individual contract budgets
* Ensure all necessary contract documentation / reports are accurate and produced on time
Key skills and Qualifications
* Holds a Quantity Surveying degree
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
* Experience of working within Social Housing a distinct advantage
* Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and develop skills to becoming a fully experienced Quantity Surveyor
* A good knowledge of Maths is essential
Further development will be provided for the right candidate