Pre Construction Manager
Job DescriptionOur client is a £100M turn over business based in Manchester. Operating across design, refurbishment, fit-out. From minor refresh to major redevelopments; as part of a framework, or a single project.
Currently looking for a Pre Construction Manager
Role and Responsibilities Main Duties
* Manage Project set up, ensuring project Code/Work book/ Launch Date / Tracking Doc are completed and circulated
* Plan and lead bid process from outset to closure
* Review all ER documentation
* Agree attendees for site visit/bidders day
* Undertake Site Visit
* Compile relevant bid documents, writing of content
* Manage Questions and clarifications
* Input into and review the commercial aspects of the bid
* Establish win strategies for quality led bids
* Responsible for planning and monitoring of the Project from Bid to handover to delivery team and undertaking effective change management control.
* Project Requirements
* Develop, manage and update Risk Register ensuring input from all parties
* Develop and manage Opportunities Strategy in conjunction with the internal team
* Prepare Progress Reports and issue both internally and externally
* Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process - record, analyse and manage issues
* Managing relationships including internal and external stakeholders, subject matter experts, Design teams, Directors, etc
* Manage the scoping, commissioning and completing of surveys
* Arrange for site visits including agreeing dates for site attendance and client/school agreement. Complete survey tracker with agreed dates
* Undertake cost reviews to understand areas of concern and opportunity.
* Responsible for the bid documentation process throughout the whole life of the project, including design, cost & programme
* Set up Internal Launch Meetings in Bid Stage and Preconstruction
* Lead Pre-Adjudication and Adjudication meetings throughout Bid and Preconstruction stages
* Lead CEM's - Set agenda, take minutes and issue to the client
* Organise team attendance to client meetings - none design team, liaise with Design Manager to ensure required Design team members are in attendance
* Arrange and lead internal review meetings as and when required to ensure the successful completion of projects
* Statutory Authorities and Utilities providers
* Identify the key statutory authority and utility stakeholders.
* Once identified contact and liaise will all key stakeholders as required
* Planning- arrange attendees and materials required for all stages of the process including pre-application, public engagements and submissions.
* Responsibility to involve the operations team throughout the whole life of the project to ensure that all operational aspects are reviewed, agreed and included within the proposals.
* Handover of project to site team ensuring all key documentation is issued
* Oversee the preparation of handover packs
* Act as a point of contact for clients during Handover to operational teams at contract award, support the operational teams in the transition period of new contracts as required.
* To provide leadership and support that enable people to perform at the highest level.
* Ownership of all project actions until they are successfully closed out.