Business Manager - Planned and External Contracts
Job DescriptionBuilding Careers UK are working exclusively with First Ark in Knowsley as they look to appoint a Business Manager for Planned and External Contracts
Overview of Opportunity
The successful applicant will have overall responsibility for the management of the Operational team delivering quality led services to a wide-range of customers to support the overall objectives of the Group.
You will ensure all services are delivered safely, in line with Group requirements, within budget and to the required standard of quality, adding value at every opportunity, all of which will ensure client satisfaction.
* Responsibility for delivery/management of all day to day operations delivered by the Team, ensuring all client KPI's are achieved or exceeded. Work with clients internal / external to agree appropriate targets and KPI's to improve performance and offer improved value for money on contracts.
* Manage a profit and loss account and cash flow for the team in conjunction with the Group Director of Commercial Services (GDCS) and the finance team. Agreeing and setting budgets, ensuring targets are met or exceeded, implementing improvement plans when targets are not being met.
* Ensure a commercial awareness across the team to maximise efficiency and profitability of all contracts delivered.
* Review operational productivity and manage resource to offer operational flexibility to support the needs of all customers
* Organise the operational mobilisation of new contracts in line with all legal statutory obligations and CDM Regulations etc. Oversee operational delivery ensuring client performance targets are achieved
* Negotiate/agree contract terms with sub-contractors and suppliers in line with Group policies to meet financial targets and wider Group objectives and effectively manage the required capacity to enable successful contract delivery.
* Build and develop a successful and experienced delivery team through the coaching and development of managers and operatives.
* Ensure compliance with all aspects of both Health & Safety Legislation and internal H&S Management Systems within your team. Ensure all required training and development is in place and ensure continuous improvement within the team, focusing on the eradication of injuries at work. Ensure compliance with all aspects of the Groups Quality Management Systems and business processes including HR, IT, Financial Regulations etc. within the team.
* Work closely with the Business development team assisting in the overall bidding process and ensure that Vivark achieves a strategic planned approach to bidding for contracts, ensuring that bids are generated in line with the Groups vision and the five-year business plan.
* Assist Business Development and support teams with the creation of new methods, strategies and plans for business growth and sales targets.
* Build and develop relationships with new and existing client, ensuring that our Customers are at the heart of everything we do.
What we are looking for
A candidate with a proven track within Planned Maintenance in a Social Housing/Property/Public Sector setting. A competent leader that is confident in their own ability to manage operational teams to deliver high performance. Ideally you will have a track record of negotiating sub-contract/supplier contracts and be able to guide and support your direct reports to ensure contracts are delivered efficiently and to a high quality.
How to apply
If this sounds like the direction you would like to take your career in please contact Jennifer Radcliffe, our Social Housing Specialist for more information and to arrange an initial conversation on 01695 556 800 or email email@example.com
'Social Housing' 'Planned Maintenance' 'Capital Projects'