Our client are a well-established Merseyside based contractor and developer recruiting for their new build housing division which specialises in affordable and social rented properties for predominately Housing Associations. They have a strong pipeline of work so require a Buyer to join the team. Suitable candidates will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position with a contractor/housebuilder.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Selecting new products and reviewing the old;
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers whilst seeking new ones;
- Negotiating best possible prices with the site team, ensuring prompt site delivery;
- Offering material advice to staff, Architects and Clients alike;
- Reacting to any changes in customer demands;
- Stock monitoring and subsequent control;
- Pitching / sharing new ideas with senior management;
- Providing monthly material cost reports to senior management;
- Procuring materials for numerous contracts and organising deliveries to meet time frames.
- Liaising with supply chain to obtain competitive purchase prices in line with quantity and availability.
- Producing basic material and hire equipment cost line up/comparisons.
- Organising and managing purchase material invoices received from accounts and signing off for payment.
- Liaising with all levels of management – site staff and suppliers on a daily basis either face to face or by telephone to discuss project requirements.
- Hold meetings with Site Staff Quantity Surveyors and Contracts Management when a job starts to be informed of what materials are being procured for the site.