Commercial Manager - Regeneration
Job DescriptionOur client is a UK based, privately owned, multi award winning construction business. They work with a select list of repeat business branded clients on a Regional Level within the Regeneration Sectors.
You will be responsible for Managing Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Administrator.
The Commercial Manager will oversee all commercial elements of the business. To understand, adhere and implement the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
* Take line management responsibility for all QS's within Region.
* Lead financial strategy at Contract Establishment stage by implementing, monitoring and managing our desired approach with QS teams.
* Maximise profit potential on all operational schemes, by carrying out regular project reviews with the site teams and operational lead and working direct with clients where needed.
* Maximise variation and specification change opportunities on live schemes to ensure all opportunities of increased margins are identified and considered.
* Set up regional supply chain deals, working with the central procurement department to ensure the regions achieve the best potential in terms of supplier arrangements.
* Ensure sub-contract buying gains are maximized, working with the Ops Manager to ensure appropriate SC choices are made at contract set up.
* Close management of supply chain within the region, measuring performance & working with RMD & Bid Teams to ensure fair split of work between estimating & operations teams.
* Identify and manage financial risk to the regions, associated with working in new areas and with new suppliers, particularly around contract complexities such as TUPE.
* Work with operations manager, RMD on any potential and live and potential disputes that can expose the region to risk.
* Manage all profitability reporting for the region, working with the QS teams and operations manager, ensure accuracy and robustness of financial reporting, with all risks and opportunities identified and discussed with the Ops Manager and RMD on a monthly basis.
* Ensure monthly operational billings are accurate and reflect realistic delivery on site, monitor and manage monthly changes in billings projections providing report on major movements.
* Work with Operations Manager carrying out an overall (risk/opportunities adjusted) financial report each month after completion of billings for internal management purposes.
* Manage cash collection and invoicing of month accrued income values.
* Ensure new QS's in the business operate and act appropriately towards all clients and suppliers.
* Establish accurate cost delivery data within the region, and work with estimating teams to ensure real delivery costs are incorporated into live tenders, attend financial tender adjudication reviews to discuss potential risk and opportunities at tender stage.
* Manage cost allocations across regional overheads and direct job costed staff, reporting direct to RD on any potential issues
* Manage "red flag" reports, chase up outstanding issues and report progress to Operations Manager and RMD.