Commercial Manager - Regional Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client is a privately owned, multi award winning construction and integrated support services business with 50 years' experience.
As principal contractor they deliver a range of projects with values from £1-70m across the residential, commercial and education markets. This entails providing design and build, construction management and other bespoke construction services for both public and private customers.
They are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager:
* Support the Regional Director with commercial decisions by providing sound commercial advice including reviewing contracts and orders, Overseeing the development and monitoring compliance of contractual and legislative obligations
* Work with the Finance team to ensure accurate monthly reporting and provide commercial reports including monthly CVRs, CVR overview & projections, business plan update
* Work closely with the Divisional Director to formulate and manage the Business Plan
* Provide leadership, ownership and management of all commercial aspects
* Ensure the Commercial Department work in collaboration following through the adoption of Commercial procedures and the wider partnership of the team for successful timely, safe, quality and profitable delivery
* Debtor and Cash Flow Control in conjunction with the Finance Department
* Ensure company processes and procedures are adhered to, including setting up new processes
* Undertake pricing and submission of quotations
* Provide Commercial support for Bid Management including adjudications
* Achieve best commercial practice
* Oversee the development and management of Sub-Contractor procurement including negotiating contracts, rates, deals and discounts
* Manage valuation and invoicing obligations, ensuring timely payments
* Oversee the development and management of Client Contract issues including the external Application for Payment and contract variations, extension of time, delay etc. factors
* Ensure Sub-Contractor payments are processed within relevant timelines
* Maintain Client and Supply Chain relations
* Manage Commercial staff including monthly 121 meetings and performance reviews.
* Experienced People Manager
* Strong commercial and contractual knowledge and awareness
* Client facing experience
* Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with high volumes of projects and deadlines to meet
* Confidently price packages - labour, plant and material
* Excellent IT Skills
Our client is well respected for Professionalism and operating with integrity.