Commercial Manager - Top Tier Contractor
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Commercial Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
Our client is a multibillion turnover Top Tier Contractor/Consultancy. They have 4 iconic high value building prestigious projects in the City whereby they require a Commercially Astute Commercial Manager. The contract will last approximately 18 months and pay circa £400 a day.
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for the delivery of Cost and Commercial Management services, on various commissions the Feasibility Stage through to Final Account. The post holder will also be responsible for the management of client relationships and for securing appropriate assignments to help deliver the business plan and secure the commercially viable growth of the Cost and Commercial Management service. You will be an ambassador for the company and safeguard their reputation and ensure their core values are incorporated.
* Attend Design team meetings
* Bill of Quantities for tender issue.
* Detailed analysis of Tender returns and prepare reports to Clients
* In conjunction with the PM Develop Value Engineering processes with the Client and Design Team
* Monitor project costs in line with the approved budget/Cost plan
* Assist the Project Manager in administering the works contract
* Produce Client Cost Reports
* Implement Change Control procedures, monitor design changes and advise the Client of cost implications
* Agree variations with Contractors
* Agree variations with the Client
* Undertake interim valuations and agree with Contractor's QS
* Undertake interim valuations and agree with Clients cost consultant
* Manage and Report on Client's cash flow
* Have an awareness of the concept of Risk apportionment through various contract types
* Escalate issues to the Project Manager to provide early warning and allow support to be provided
* Prepare and agree final accounts with Contractors
* Prepare and agree final accounts with Clients Cost Consultant.
* Management of Cashflow, including production of client invoices and following up when necessary.
* Responsible for the internal commercial reports across a number of projects including invoice forecasting and time allocation for numerous members of staff.
Essential Skills & experience
* Good communication and team building skills with clients, colleagues and contractors
* Active team player both with clients and contractors
* Knowledge of Cost Planning and Budgeting techniques
* Experience of procurement procedures
* Experience of measurement and valuation techniques
* Experience in contractual and commercial management
* Previous use of Oracle systems desirable.
* Understanding of the construction process.