Company Buyer - Civil Engineering
Job DescriptionBuilding Careers UK are recruiting on behalf of a Civil Engineering, Highways, Utilities and Groundworks Contractor based in Merseyside, project works between £500k to £4m in value. You will be sole Buyer who will be responsible for ensuring that the Plant and Materials required for our construction projects are provided to schedule and according to projected budgets.
They have a vital part to play in helping ensure the profitability of contracts since they are responsible for ensuring that the most cost effective and appropriate products/services are purchased. Role:
* Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings.
* Providing prices for and procuring construction plant and equipment for purchase and hire.
* Identifying potential suppliers and new products.
* Contacting a range of suppliers to obtain quotations and agree delivery times.
* Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well‐organised work schedule.
* Procurement and placing of orders in accordance with procurement schedules and order requests.
* Assessing the reliability of suppliers.
* Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials.
* Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services.
* Providing advice to the project estimator on the predicted cost of individual items.
* Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided.
* Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured. Requirements:
* Good communication and organisational skills.
* IT literate with experience of using costing/ordering software.
* Min 5 yrs experience in a similar role at a sub-contractor business.
* Sound understanding of construction plant and equipment.
* Sound understanding of construction and civils materials.
Personal Qualities: As a buyer, you will need to have:
* Excellent communication skills
* Negotiation skills
* An aptitude for figures and the ability to manage a budget
* An analytical mind
* IT skills
* Teamwork skills
* The ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time to meet deadlines You should be:
* Able to build good relationships with all kinds of people
* Willing to make decisions and take responsibility for them
* Well organised, self‐reliant and motivated
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding business.
Salary: £45K - £60k plus package