Job DescriptionContracts Manager
£45,000 - £50,000 Plus Package
Our Client, a North West based Main Contractor are looking for a Contracts Manager to join their team based in and around the Manchester & North West area.
With a turnover of over £15m and continuing to grow year on year, they have seen a vast increase in work and therefore have this requirement to add to their senior management team.
As an experienced Contracts Manager, with a minimum of 5 years experience you will have a line of experience managing contracts within the Education sector (especially schools and universities). You will be experienced working on projects in live environments and fast paced projects.
The Contracts Manager be responsible for first line management of the contracts team including; Site Manager and Site Supervisor. You will oversee typically 3 to 5 projects at any one time, ranging from £50k to £3m.
Objectives of a Contracts Manager
* To consistently behave and interact in a way that supports the achievement of the company's overall vision of creating a special place to work and in line with the values of the business; friendly and supportive, open, fair and challenging
* Overall responsibility for the management of a number of contracts (or a high volume contract/s)
* To ensure each contract is delivered safely, on programme, within budget and to the required standard of quality, all of which will ensure client satisfaction
* To encourage, mentor, and coach the site management team
* To develop effective working relationships with clients and consultants
* To promote personal development in your team
* Commercial awareness of contracts to maximise profitability
Key Deliverables of a Contracts Manager
* Acting as a first point of contact for the site operations team to offer support and advice
* Responsible for the management, planning, programming & phasing of all projects
* Ensuring compliance with all aspects of both Health & Safety Legislation and internal H&S Management System
* Deliver project programme and phasing presentations to clients
* Managing your team; setting objectives and developing people within it
* Managing effective meetings; pre-start, hand-over meetings, sub-contractor progress, contract progress, internal team meetings as required
* Supporting effective recruitment and selection processes to appoint suitable site management staff
* Applying a leadership style which is in line with the overall culture and values of the business
* Providing a service of quality to customers and clients, both internal and external
* Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external clients
* Managing finance and budgets in conjunction with the Commercial team.
* Managing time and delegating effectively
* Coaching team members to foster performance
* Managing performance, team conflict and communication issues where necessary
For more information please contact Kris Convery on 01695556800.