Curtain Wall Designer
Job DescriptionOur client is a well-established privately owned family business.
They manufacture and install Curtain walling, windows and doors and they are looking for an experienced, energetic, dynamic and proactive person to join their Design Department and be a part of a growing organisation.
Skills / Experience required:
* Confident, reliable team player.
* Excellent time management.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Positive "can do" attitude and a flexible approach.
* Ability to work to strict often tight timescales/deadlines.
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to "think outside the box".
* Self-motivated with the drive and enthusiasm to succeed.
* Proactive approach.
* Proficient in 2D AutoCAD/3D modelling
* Good understanding of construction process and building methods.
* Working knowledge of aluminium glazing systems (in Metal Technology would be an advantage)
* Understanding of manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge of UK Building Regulations
* Be able to read architects & engineers drawings.
Main responsibilities will include:
* Liaising with the Architects, Site and Contract Managers
* Attend design meetings
* Visualise designs & overcome problems / obstructions.
* Create blown up details to assist the production & installation team.
* Prepare clear and accurate drawings.
* Issue designs and drawings for approval.
Urban Design and Development is an equal opportunity employer
Salary: £35k - £50k
Flexible working for the right candidate (Home / Office)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
* Auto CAD 2D / 3D : 5 years (Preferred)
* curtain walling, windows & doors: 5 years (Preferred)
* construction environment: 5 years (Preferred)
* reading manufacturing drawing: 5 years (Preferred)