Job DescriptionA Tier 1 Contractor are currently recruiting for a Design Manager for their North West region.
The role will predominantly involve working at pre construction stage on Education and Health projects up to £50m.
Duties will include:
* Co-ordinate the design and planning from pre-construction stage through to project delivery
* Help develop innovative and cost effective design solutions in conjunction with the design team
* Manage delivery of a BREEAM Excellent Rating;
* Implement any value engineering options to ensure best value
* Manage Building Regulation plans approval
* Oversee the production of the O&M Manuals and the H&S File
* Analyse risks and opportunities
* Hold regular design team meetings
* Review of designs and cost planning
* Managing & monitoring of design & planning development
* Develop relationships with client
* Experience in a similar role, preferably with a Main contractor
* A proven track record of undertaking Design Manager duties at both tender and construction stages.
* Design and Build experience
* Education and Health experience would be advantageous·
* Proficient in the use of Navisworks Manage, BIM Risk Registers and 4Projects
* You will be highly motivated, have excellent IT skills and be an effective communicator
The company will pay a basic salary up to £60000 plus car or allowance and full benefits package