Job DescriptionAn exceptional job opportunity for a Design Manager work on a prestigious city centre development in Manchester.
A well-established Tier 1 contractor with a portfolio of work throughout the North of England and particular focus in Manchester & Liverpool, out of their regional base in Manchester. They are currently seeing a period of wide company growth, both in terms of turnover and staffing levels. As a market leader they ensure they attract, motivate and retain the best people via creating an excellent working environment. They strive to provide excellent customer service whilst offering value for money which is evident due to the fact the vast majority of contracts are undertaken on a repeat business basis.
We are currently looking for an experienced Design Manager to join an increasingly busy contractor based on a prestigious single project within their Manchester portfolio. The project in question will be an RC Frame, highrise, mutli-use, residential and hotel development in Manchester City Centre, in excess of £55m.
* To be responsible for all design and technical matters ensuring that best practice is set, achieved and maintained at project level both during tender and construction stages.
* Establishing and maintaining design management procedures at each stage of the project.
* Assembly of consultant appointment documents in accordance with company procedures.
* Carrying out full technical reviews and a evaluation of all design information received during the tender stage
* Production of contractors proposals and technical submission at tender stage
* Assisting in the production of design and procurement programme
* Managing the release of design information of contractor design portions and consultant design information during construction stage.
* Establishing and managing a sample approval strategy
* Providing design reports on a monthly basis for inclusion in the project report
* Leading design reviews
* Ensure third party approvals are obtained
* Identification of change
* Identification and mitigation strategies to limit design risk
Relevant architectural qualifications
Proven experience as a Design Manager of minimum 5 years
Knowledge of Engineering processes
Previous experience on large scale residential projects in excess of £25m (preferable)
Package on offer
£55000 - £70000 basic salary (highly negotiable) plus competitive associated package including car/allowance and full benefits package including pension and healthcare.