Estimator - Building Projects
Job DescriptionOur client is a family owned and managed Construction Company with a turnover in excess of £30m operating across the North West. The company operates in a number of sectors including - health, education, leisure, commercial and industrial sectors.
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to work within their team to price and tender for building schemes up to £20m.
The Estimator will be required support the pre-construction team for preparing tenders to secure projects, in particular competitive design and build tenders for both new build and refurbishment projects including liaising with planners, design managers and preconstruction managers to deliver innovative solution.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
* Prepare accurate and competitive estimates and cost plans
* Utilise, interpret and represent benchmark data
* Assess tender documentation, requirements and report findings to team
* Develop tender strategy and continuously monitor
* Ensure all supplementary information is in place
* Full working knowledge of estimating software system and ensure upgrades are understood and implemented
* Awareness of current health and safety requirements and changes
* Ensure risk register is applied and monitored
* Influence and support team members to innovate and achieve optimum solutions
* Effectively communicate bid strategy and solutions to construction team
* Obtain feedback from construction team and utilise
* Seek opportunities to learn about changes and innovations in the industry
* Ensure own skill base is developed
* Identify the customer and understand their needs
* Build effective relationships to establish two way dialogue with customers and supplies
* Seek to establish professional trust and mutual respect with customers and supplies
* Endeavour to maintain relationships into the future with customers and supplies
* Influence and support suppliers to innovate and achieve optimum solutions
* Involvement in the adjudication process
* Attend post tender negotiation with a view to taking the responsibilities
* Prepare submission documents
* Learn to develop the tender strategy
* Develop business development appreciation and understanding
* HNC standard or equivalent
* Proficiency using Conquest or Excel-based estimating software
* Cost planning knowledge and experience
* An understanding of construction technology and innovative techniques
* Ability to meet deadline without compromising on safety and quality
* Strong understanding of all commercial aspects of tendering
* Highly motivated and driven to succeed
* Flexible and positive approach
* Able to constructively challenge colleagues
A competitive salary and overall remuneration package is on offer. Our client is very stable, financially secure and has a full order book. They are well known within the North West and well respected across the industry.
Please don't hesitate to contact me in confidence should this be of interest to you or any of your associates.