Estimator - Civil Engineering
Job DescriptionOur Client, is a well-established national Civil Engineering & Groundworks Company, who are looking for an Estimator to join their team. Working on large tenders ranging from £1m - £5m you will be required to provide support and guidance to their Estimating team.
This role may suit an individual with experience in Estimating or Quantity Surveying background.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the preparation and subsequent negotiation of Tender submissions for Civil Engineering projects
* Examine incoming tenders and review contract potential
* Measuring & 'Quantity Take-Off' from drawings
* Producing Bills of Quantities
* Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements & enquiries
* Build up tender price from first principles based on the scope of works, plans, specification, programme
* Cost planning
* Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication
* Hold adjudication/settlement meeting with Estimating & Operational Directors
* Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
* Any other duties as may be required.
Experience / Key Skills Required:
* Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
* Experienced in varying types of projects including: earthworks, groundworks, substructure concrete, paving, roadworks, drainage, sewers.
* Sound commercial acumen
* A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player. You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character.
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
* Microsoft office proficient