Estimator - Contractor
Job DescriptionEstimator / Senior Estimator,
Our client is committed to creating high quality sustainable homes and developments whilst improving local environments and communities.
As well as developing new homes on exclusive developments, they also have an established reputation specialising in the prestigious refurbishment and conversion of existing residential and commercial buildings.
Their approach is to preserve the character of the building they develop and retain many period features wherever possible.
The successful candidate will:
* Assist with bid preparation
* Cost planning
* Contribute to bid management
* Manage risk and opportunities
* Assist with the preparation of contractor's proposal
* Develop tender strategy
* Supply chain relationships and formulation of tender lists
* Handover successful bids to the delivery team in a structured and clear manner
To succeed in this role you will have:
* Previous experience as an Estimator with a main construction contractor
* Experience of tendering for new build housing projects
* Ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines
* To work effectively both individually and as a team member
* Ability to estimate from first principles
* A good eye for detail with excellent quality standards
* Ability to communicate and present to senior management confidently and succinctly
* Comfortable communicating with clients and consultants in a clear and professional manner
* Experience on Conquest or similar
* Experience working with BIM [Desirable]
Excellent salary and package on offer to the successful candidate.