Estimator - Regional Build
Job DescriptionEstimator / Senior Estimator - Warrington
Our client is a leading main contractor active in new build and refurbishment; Social Housing, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Accommodation (student), Leisure and Retail; Blue Light, Private and Public sector up to £20m in value.
Purpose of the Role:
To assist in providing an estimating and tendering service to meet the Company Budget.
* Monitor potential enquiries
* Build relationships with Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Competitors
* Maintain up-to-date market knowledge of labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
* Prepare & send out sub-contract & material enquiries using conquest enquiry system
* Where required produce accurate take-off using Conquest (if outsourced externally - coordinate the information and ensure take off is complete)
* Manage, as directed, enquiries for labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
* Price bills/schedules analytically and produce quote comparisons using conquest estimating software
* Complete tender pricing for adjudication by the tender committee, including reporting on any risks or onerous conditions, providing a winning edge
* Liaise with planner to assess programme & preliminaries
* Formulate bid strategy/qualifications
* Assist in the training of junior staff
* Present estimate to Tender Committee
* On secured projects prepare information for handover to the contract team
* Assist in developing Company estimating library
* Check tender documentation
* Measure tender against Decision Analysis
* Inform Tender Committee on Contract Conditions
Excellent salaries & package on offer to successful candidate.