Estimator / Senior Estimator - Building Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client based in North Manchester, has got a diverse range of experience in the education, health, industrial, commercial, sport and leisure, transport and infrastructure, secure environments, and water and inland marine sectors, usually working in and around live operating environments.
They currently require Estimators of all Levels to aid their growth strategy.
Therefore, they will consider Assistant Estimators through to Senior Estimators and also Pre-Construction Leaders.
To make the company the most successful in the industry by any measure.
To prepare accurate Nett estimate of project cost and following settlement process, manage the submission of agreed Tender Offer to the Client typically on traditional & non-traditional forms of procurement. Uphold and communicate the values and culture of the Brand.
Position the business as the contractor or choice.
Key Tasks Support the work winning process by:
* Develop competitive design solutions to client's briefs with input from the professional team and subcontractors.
* Adopt a proactive approach to value engineering throughout the design phase of design and build projects.
* keep up to date with the latest construction techniques and Building Regulations.
* Professional approach when dealing with clients and their representatives.
* Compile accurate budget cost & cost plans using appropriate data including company historical data.
* Work together with the Bid Manager to successfully deliver negotiated opportunities.
* Liaison with the construction team and visit site to identify site specific risks.
* Compile an appropriate handover information pack on all secured tenders and chair handover meeting with delivery team.
* Acquiring a thorough understanding of each tender including identifying and recording all relevant risk & opportunity. Contribute to the design development process and attend design team meetings.
* Manage the sub contract and material enquiry process.
* Initiate technical queries and ensure design sufficiently developed to ensure accurate costings.
* Pricing of rates from first principles.
* Adjudication and comparison of sub contract quotations.
Compilation of project preliminaries.
* Risk management throughout the tender period and preparation of the tender Risk Register when required.
* Highlight and discuss major commercial issues with the Operations Director preparing the contractors proposals for design and build projects.
* Prepare and submit tender documentation.
* Submitting tenders in accordance with the client's requirements, including and post tender requests.
* Following up submitted tenders and obtaining meaningful feedback.
* Complete and file company historical data record documents. Support Bid Management process by:
* Convening and chairing a tender launch meeting and internal mid tender review meetings as required.
* Attending tender settlement meetings for each project.
* Producing all necessary information to ensure successful bid. The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Job descriptions will be reviewed to experience level to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.