Groundworks Quantity Surveyor
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a Civils and Groundworks Surveyor to join our market leading growing business. Please see below brief job description for our recent QS position.
* Submission of fortnightly valuations to the client/clients representative and day-to-day management of contracts
* Preparation of tenders and estimates for submission
* Feasibility studies of client requests
* Preparation of contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials alongside procurement
* Sub contract management from procurement to final account agreement
* Planning, forecasting and reporting project commercial performance
* Forecasting and managing cash flow and fortnightly applications for payment
* Site visits, assessments and projections for future work
* On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
* Applicants should be excellent communicators and possess impressive numeracy skills to handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
* Applicants must have a passion for construction and an understanding of finance, methods and materials.
* Excellent IT and maths skills are essential, as well as attention to detail.
* Given the demands of the construction world and its frequent challenges, applicants should demonstrate innovative and creative approaches to problem solving and an ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment.
* Practical experience.
* Teamwork, report-writing and negotiation skills.
* Applicants must be able to reach deadlines
* Experienced Quantity Surveyor with a civil engineering background.
* Experience of JCT, NEC forms of contract
* Minimum requirement HNC/HND qualification.
* BSC Quantity Surveying qualification preferred but not essential.
Salary and Package: Negotiable dependent on experience
Job Type: Full-time - Permanent