Land Estimator - Housebuilder
Job DescriptionAbout Our Client
A well-established developer within the property industry has an exciting opportunity for a Land Estimator. They are an established business, which is going through a period of extended growth, involved with both new build projects.
In total the business builds approximately 5000 new homes a year and they have been instrumental in improving economic and social environments. Over the years they have helped thousands of first time buyers as well as working alongside numerous local authorities to build or regenerate entire communities.
* To ensure tender adjudications have been arranged with the correct time frame sufficient notice
* To ensure that the correct members of the operations departments and board have been notified in good time for the tender adjudication
* To ensure planning meetings have been arranged if necessary with sufficient notice
* To ensure tender abstracts are completed correctly and agree sub-contractors to be used for any given scheme with the operations departments
* To ensure a site visit has been organised with the respective manager(s) from the operations departments and sub-contractors if required
* To ensure sub contract quotations have been collated and checked for compliance prior to use
* To price the remaining elements of any scheme using current competitive rates
* To ensure all tender documentation has been collated in sufficient time for the adjudication to be under taken
* To attend tender adjudications and explain in detail the thinking behind established tender cost
* To provide support to your team in tender adjudications if necessary
* To amend pricing element of tender documentation as agreed during the tender review and submit tender by due date and time
* To ensure that supporting tender documentation has been completed correctly and returning with priced tender documentation by due date and time
* Follow up with clients to establish company's standing
* Establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with all prospective clients
* To ensure a non-confrontational approach with any clients at any time
* To ensure any post tender requirements of the client has been carried out
* To ensure discipline and professional standards are maintained
* To provide early warning / notification of any company wide issues that may occur by notification to the Commercial Director
* To comply with the competition law compliance guidelines
* To encourage and engender the professional development of all staff to whom you are responsible for
* Ensure that all staff are cognisant of associated risks applicable in carrying out their roles and that proper measures are adopted to manage, control and minimise any risks which may apply to their daily duties
* Comply with the terms and conditions detailed within the employees handbook
* To ensure all post tender documentation has been completed and returned to Estimating Support
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Senior Estimator for this role will be living within a short distance from Liverpool and be ready to travel to site locations when required.
This role will be looking for a candidate who can fulfil the requirements in the detailed job description but then who will ultimately be able to work alongside the commercial team, collaborating a variety of tender bids.
To succeed in this role you will need to have an excellent understanding of building legislation and up to date construction industry knowledge. You should have previously been responsible for and able to show examples of delivering a construction project including design and pre-construction activities.
What's on Offer
Senior Estimator - Leading House Builder - Building and construction industry
Excellent basic salary on offer for the right individual
The package includes car allowance, pension, health care and Bonus.