Construction Property Development Solicitor
Job DescriptionMy client are a leading developer delivering major projects throughout the UK. Through various departments they operate in the new build student accommodation, highrise residential apartments and new build housing sectors. They are a multi-million pound turnover group and a leader in their sectors of the construction industry.
Due to their ongoing growth they are now looking to add an experienced Construction & Property Development Solicitor.
The & Property Development Solicitor role is an important and senior position for the group and holds accountability for the preparation, negotiation, conclusion and distribution of the construction documentation for all the groups Student Accommodation and mixed use apartment schemes.
Core Objectives - Specific Expectations of the Role
The scope of this role is broad as outlined above and the list of tasks and activities listed here is intended, only, as an indicator of what the role entails.
* Liaison with external property lawyers and the group's investment team regarding construction related matters.
* Reviewing of draft development and funding agreements and advising on construction obligations.
* Negotiation and agreement of contract conditions and amendments thereto with investors / purchasers / funders legal representatives.
* Negotiation and agreement of contract conditions and amendments thereto with external contractors.
* Drafting of building contracts in conjunction with the commercial and technical teams.
* Provide advice and expertise on critical legal issues to ensure projects, developments and other activities are completed within the set timescales.
* Prepare for, attend and contribute to (including Chairing where appropriate) meetings with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders as required.
* Negotiation, agreement and drafting of professional team appointments in conjunction with the commercial and technical teams.
* Negotiation, agreement and drafting of collateral warranties, third party rights and letters of reliance.
* Management of the administration and delivery of construction documents in accordance with the relevant development and funding agreements.
* Conducting legal research and advising on legal and compliance matters and changes in legislation of relevance to the Group's businesses and operations.
* Advising and working closely with all business functions such as Commercial, Procurement, Delivery, Sales and Marketing, Operational Teams, HR and Finance on legal issues arising from the Group's business and operations.
* Regular liaison with General Counsel to ensure all schemes are properly managed and resourced.
* Follow reasonable management instructions.
The role attracts a negotiable salary dependant upon experience plus a full associated benefits package including company car or allowance, pension contributions, Medicash and company bonus.