Job DescriptionProject Director
£70,000 + Package (highly negotiable)
Project Director Required for North West Contractor
Our client, an established and reputable contractor, are currently seeking to recruit a Project Director. They are a privately owned and highly respected contractor specialising across the construction industry.
The Project Director will be responsible for the successful delivery of a new build RC Frame, 20 storey, mixed-use multi bed residential project in the centre of Liverpool.
You will undertake the detailed planning of the inception/briefing stage and manage the project through feasibility into pre-contract and procurement and onward through construction, commissioning and handover to the client.
* The PD will identify and procure the services of specialist designers and contractors as required to successfully deliver their allocated projects.
* The PD will ensure that Health and Safety issues are effectively managed through consultation and where applicable liaise with the suppliers/contractor's health and safety team.
* The PD will be responsible for monitoring and controlling all change during the project life cycle
* Ensuring the project is delivered in compliance with the programme's governance arrangements
* Facilitating the appointment of Contractors to the project teams agreeing scopes of work
* Requests for Survey and Quotation to the selected sub-contractor
* Receipt and checking of quotations against scope Raising Purchase Orders and associated documentation to the supply chain
* Agreeing programmes of work with the sub-contractor(s) To take responsibility for the financial closure of Projects Receiving and distributing Health & Safety information relating to projects
* Preparation and submission of budget requests Quality assurance and overall integrity of projects
* Managing the projects budget, monitoring expenditures and costs managing the delivery of each project to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget.
* Managing third party stakeholder contributions to the project Managing KPI data capture on Customer Satisfaction and Health & Safety audits Managing risks to the projects successful outcome
* Continuous updating of project information system database to maintain "real time" project status and values Providing aftercare service to the customer Any other duties relevant to the role Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* From a construction background you will be experienced in delivering such new build, high-rise city centre projects either of apartments, student accommodation or hotels
* Experienced in providing services within a team of project/cost managers and building surveyors and possess a good team player ethos
* Appreciation of commercial surveying duties
* Ideally HNC/HND qualified in a relevant construction subject
* Be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
The role attracts a highly negotiable salary plus associated benefits package including company car allowance, pension contributions and healthcare plan.
For more information, please contact Kris Convery on 01695556800.