Job DescriptionOne of the UK'S leading building contractors has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their North West team.
As a leading contractor in the region they have a strong order book or workload secured and are currently expanding their team with the addition of an experienced Project Manager. The majority of the projects they deliver are within the Health and Education sectors, so experience within these sectors is preferred.
The Project Manager will be site based and will hold full responsibility for the management and delivery of schemes from the pre -construction phase through to on site delivery of an individual project.
The role of the Project Manager will include:
* Responsibility for the management, planning, programming & phasing of the project.
* Managing your team; setting objectives and developing people within it
* Ensure best practices and quality are being maintained
* Be proactive in the identification and resolution of problems
* Ensuring the project runs to program and budget
* Work closely and liaise as required with the design team
* Attendance at monthly CVR meetings
* Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the client and their representative
* To monitor the progress of the project and manage issues as they arise
* Responsible for all health and safety on site and liaison with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager
* Hold meetings on site regularly to ensure co-ordination of general activity and that required trades are correctly co-ordinated
* Ensure all documentation is correctly administered and Company Procedures are followed
Knowledge skills & experience
* Previous experience of successfully delivering projects of 20m and above
* Experience of delivering Health and Education projects desirable
* Experience of Project Planning
* Strong leadership and people management skills;
* Strong Commercial awareness;
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Proficient in the use of Asta Power Project