Job DescriptionOur client are one of the UK's leading construction and development companies with a history of delivering large scale projects including Student Accommodation, Hotels and PRS schemes with values ranging from £20-£100m+ They currently have a requirement for a Project Manager who has experience of high rise, mixed-use developments to join their team.
This is the ideal opportunity for a commercially aware Project Manager looking for a challenging and rewarding role constructing a high profile £120m Student Accommodation build in the heart of Stratford.
* As the Project Manager you'll be accountable for the day to day management of works on site. You'll ensure the project is completed safely, profitably and on time.
* Monitoring the construction work programme with contracts manager on a weekly basis
* Studying drawings and be aware of forecast costs, budgets in order to minimise waste and maximise value
* Managing sub-contractors, labour, plant and materials - issuing requisitions for plant, labour and materials as required to meet programme
* Monitoring plant equipment costs and preliminaries including set up, cost of plant and office
* Ensuring effective communication with sub-contractors or third parties is maintained
* Maintaining efficiency and quality assurance at all times, best practice across the site and keeping site moral at a high
* Liaising with quantity surveyor and sub-contractors to discuss possible damages and time loss immediately if and when they arise
* Reviewing and managing Health & Safety ensuring company Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, to ensure a safe working environment at all times
* Ensuring good public and customer care relations are in place with neighbours and the public
* Check material measurement and take-offs from drawings including checking drawing practicality
* You'll be an experienced Project Manager who has specific experience of groundworks and highways. You'll be able to manage your time effectively, have exceptional negotiation and communication skills and the ability to motivate and lead a site-based team. Previous experience of large, high rise projects is essential and Student Accommodation experience would be advantageous.
* NVQ Level 3, 'A' Level, HNC, or equivalent qualifications/experience
* SMSTS certificate
* First Aid certificate
* Scaffolding certificate
* CSCS Card
If you're interested then please apply with an updated CV.