Job DescriptionOur client, an established and reputable North West Contractor, are currently seeking to recruit a Project Manager for a project in Salford.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of a £20m mixed-use residential development in Salford. The scheme is a steel frame building installed over a piled concrete walled basement. The finished product will see a total of circa 100 bedrooms and associated facilities including lower level retail and commercial outlets.
The project will see an operational team of Project Manager, Construction Manager, Site Engineer and Site/Package Managers in addition to the Commercial site team.
* Pre-contract / Contract / Post-contract management
* Management of all activities on site ensuring compliance with the relevant standards and good practice
* Leading pre-contract design and procurement of contracts
* Liaising with Clients
* Leading and managing the design team to ensure designs are completed within suitable timescales
* Establish and monitoring of construction & target programmes
* Value engineering with your team, ensuring best value is achieved at all stages
* Responsibility for ensuring that all works are carried out to the drawings provided.
* Liaising closely with the professional team to ensure best practices are adopted, with all changes being agreed and drawings revised accordingly
* Responsible for the supervision/management of your construction site and team
* Monitoring sub-contract progress on site, ensuring programmes are monitored at all times
* Ensuring works are completed to a high standard and inspected prior to payment being made
* Ensuring that all variations are recorded, keeping accurate records of additional work carried out and liaising closely with your surveyor
* Attending Client and sub-contract meetings
* Responsible for quality on site at all times
* Ensuring that all information is kept for the as-built file and making sure the as-built files are completed for the contract, including all statutory certificates from building control and the fire officer etc.
* Ensuring design responsibilities are distributed correctly
* Producing detailed minutes of client and sub contract meetings to ensure actions are distributed accurately to all concerned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Solid main contracting background delivering projects minimum £20m value, for minimum 5 years.
* Appreciation of commercial surveying duties
* Ideally HNC/HND qualified in a relevant construction subject
* Relevant qualifications including CSCS, SMSTS, First Aid etc.
* Be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
For more information, contact Kris Convery on 01695556800.