Project Quantity Surveyor - Build £25m
Job DescriptionOur client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team on an Industrial project based on the Wirral. The Quantity Surveyor will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and will be responsible for commercial performance of elements of the project. The Quantity Surveyor will also liaise and collaborate with the construction and design teams in all aspects of contractual activities. The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for maximising commercial results on the project and to represent the best interests of Bouygues to meet client expectations and encourage repeat business.
The Quantity Surveyor will:
* Ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
* Prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately and in accordance with company procedure.
* Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
* Prepare, and in conjunction with senior management agree final account with client's representative.
* Agree final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
* Ensure sub contract orders are prepared
* Maintain control of sub contractor's accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
* Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
* Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
* Have knowledge of relevant forms of contract and to assist in the resolution of contractual disputes, disagreements and potential issues.
* Maintain control and re-measurement of sub-contractors, value and arrange payments in accordance with company procedure.
* Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor in a main contractor.
* Strong commercial awareness.
* Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
* Communicates information and ideas proactively and confidentially in a way which is received positively, both verbally and in writing.
* Shares knowledge with others.
* Manages time effectively