Job DescriptionQuantity Surveyor required to work on a variety of Highways projects in the North West.
Successful candidate will be working to the direction of the Commercial Director to successfully deliver all projects.
Provide support and advice to Commercial Assistants, liaise and maintain close and good lines of communication with other members of the commercial team and business, to meet requirements and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
* Procurement: Responsibility for the preparation of enquiries / invitation to tender documentation including compilation of contract documents.
* Obtain quotations and prepare tender comparisons.
* Prepare and issue orders.
* Subcontract Management: Monitor and verify subcontract expenditure including the administration of subcontract payments, implementation of subcontract change control including issuing Subcontractor Instructions and evaluation of subcontract compensation events.
* Reconcile subcontract accounts and negotiate / agree subcontract final accounts on a periodic basis.
* Ensure the cost of projects are fully captured and check accuracy of cost capture information within costing systems.
* Liaising with IDT Managers to ensure correct Labour, Plant and Material records are maintained to ensure the above is achieved.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
* Educated to degree standard
* Civil Engineering qualification
* IT Literate
* Highways Maintenance experience
* Commercial awareness
* Organisational Skills
* Motivated & Hard Working
* Team Player
* Good communicator
* Open & honest
* NEC experience
Highways, NEC, Quantity Surveyor, Commercial.