Quantity Surveyor - Blue Chip Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client is a Blue Chip major contractor leading the way in turnover and profitability.
They currently have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the Cost Management of a Prestigious High Rise Project in Bangor.
The role will require a high level of professionalism and confidence in negotiations, managing contractual risk as well as advising and efficiently implementing the procurement strategy of the business and the projects
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will mainly have the responsibility for the following:
* Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
* Undertake cost analysis for project work;
* Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
* perform risk, value management and cost control;
* Advise on a procurement strategy;
* Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
* Prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
* Allocate work to subcontractors;
* Provide advice on contractual claims;
* Analyse outcomes and prepare detailed progress and cash flow reports;
* Value completed work and work closely with the Accounts team to arrange payments;
* Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
* Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
Successful applicant will meet the following requirements:
1 A) Professional Experience
* Have evident track of record as a quantity surveyor (Minimum 6 years of experience);
* Outstanding experience in the construction industry
* Have extensive knowledge working within Building and Construction field, particularly High-Rise Residential/Commercial projects;
* Have strong background in business legal contracts of different types and implementing amendments adjustable to suit different contracts scenarios;
1 B) Personal Core Competencies
* Exceptional and direct communication skills;
* Proven problem solving and analytical thinking skills;
* Outstanding negotiation skills;
* Very strong eye of details;
* Flexible personality.