Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Job DescriptionYour new company
We have an exciting, unique senior opportunity to secure a permanent position as a Groundworks Quantity Surveyor. Our client is an industry leading Commercial Groundworks, Earthworks and Remediation specialist.
The company is a highly successful, privately owned, national construction group head quartered in Manchester. The business is currently experiencing growth and as such seeks to strengthen our commercial teams.
As part of a well-established team the successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their core skills and gain experience.
Career progression within the company is a real possibility.
Your new role
- Preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- Preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- Preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- Re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- Preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- Preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- Monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- Preparation of contract claims information;
- Evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- Checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
What you'll need to succeed
To carry out this challenging role you should be experienced in Civil Engineering & Quantity Surveying with a proven track record.
You will have a broad knowledge of groundworks contracts and extensive experience. You will be ambitious, commercially astute.
What you'll get in return
You will be employed in a unique, permanent, role with a chance to work for one of the most respected civil engineering regional contractors with the region.