Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
Job DescriptionOur client who is a highly respected Regional Civil Engineering Contractor.
Due to increased workload we are now recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join the Regional team to work on interesting civil engineering schemes.
* Maximise profitability on contracts
* Monitoring contract costs against budgets
* Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
* Preparation of estimates
* Procurement of sub-contractors, including preparation of sub contract documents
* Assessment and certification of interim and final payments to subcontractors
* Preparation and agreeing main contract variations
* Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
Are you the person we are looking for?
We're after an ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is confident with a flexible approach.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy and IT skills.
The ideal candidate must have experience working on civil engineering schemes including General Civil Engineering, Highways, Structures, River works and Flood Protection with a main or sub-contractor and experience as a QS working with the NEC form of contract.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £50,000.00-£60,000.00 per year
* Company Car
* Company Pension
* Life Insurance
* On-site Parking
* Private Medical Insurance