Quantity Surveyor - Education & Major Project
Job DescriptionThis role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive Quantity Surveyor with Education (experience who can take responsibility for a number of projects, acting as the sole contact with each client as well as provide support to the existing team in the delivery of projects.
There will be a focus on professional work on a wide variety of selected projects ranging from £5m to £300m including:
* Commercial new build and refurbishment projects
* Major residential and mixed use developments
* Sports and Leisure/Stadium projects - both nationally and globally
* Data Centres
Requirements of the role:
* Control of day-to-day commercial and contractual activities
* Maximisation on the return on capital and resources employed.
* Sub-contractor and Suppliers procurement ensuring that maximum value for money is achieved whilst maintaining the groups ethical, moral and environmental policies.
* Prepare, submit and agree main contract valuations
* Place sub-contractors and prepare sub contract valuations and administer sub-contracts.
* Prepare commercial reports for review.
* Ensure accurate records are maintained.
* Attend project meetings, provide commercial and cost advice
* Work closely with the management to ensure the project objectives are met.
* Continue to value engineer opportunities