Quantity Surveyor - Major Projects within Education
Job DescriptionOur client is a major building contractor who require QS's for their Education schemes.
Below is a synopsis of what we are looking for.
We are looking to recruit Quantity Surveyors in permanent positions on Large Education projects.
The role is to meet the general requirements of a commercial quantity surveyor, capable of running your own projects including subcontract procurement, cost control, contracts, etc..
Specific to the role and I am looking for the additional attributes that I see as key to the role:
* Ability to report progress by exception
* Identify risks to the preconstruction process
* Schools are located nationally so travelling required
* Experience of construction works not just fit-out
* Preferred experience in Education
* Previous experience with design and build
* Previous experience of cost planning during the development of design
* Challenge the design and appreciate cost influences
Why work for them
Day in, day out, their teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.