Quantity Surveyor / Employers Agent
Job DescriptionOur client is a leading Project Manager and Cost Consultancy practice operating for over 50yrs in the Construction Market place.
Duties / Responsibilities:
* Employer's Agent and Cost Management experience as well as being familiar with the role of Client Representative.
* Involvement in projects from feasibility stage, providing core QS services and establishing the Client's brief through to the construction phase as Employer's Agent.
* Employers agent for numerous projects ranging from £1m - £20m.
* Monitoring Surveyor for a number of financial institutions on residential and commercial schemes up to £5m in value.
* Preparation of Employer's Requirements documentation in association with the Client and other consultants.
* Negotiate tender from the contractor to achieve a tender offer within the pre-determined construction cost estimates.
* Chair and minute monthly site meetings
* Sanction the contractor's detailed design throughout the contract.
* Provide full quality control inspection services throughout the contract
* Instructions in respect of expenditure of provisional sums.
* Interim payment Certificates for valuations of works and materials on and off site.
* Instructions in respect of variations, changes, confirmation of information and consents, opening up works for inspection, instruct procedure to be adopted in respect of antiquities found on site, advising on conflicts within the contract documentation, value instructions including the effects of postponement of design and/or construction works, including any loss and/or expense and the like.
* Certificates of Practical Completion and accompanying schedules of defective works.
* Certificates of Making Good Defects at end of defects liability period or at completion of defects (whichever is the latter).
* Final Payment Certificate following agreement of Final Statement of Account with contractor and certificate at end of Defects Liability Period.
Excellent salary & package, career opportunity for the successful candidate.