Quantity Surveyor - Housing
Job DescriptionOur client has beautifully-designed new homes a year in more than 200 locations nationwide, they are proud to be the one of the UK's most successful house builders, committed to the highest standards of design, construction and service.
Control of costs, from procurement to Final Account for all aspects of cost. Administration of Sub-Contracts. Production of internal valuations/cost to completes.
Scope: The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for monitoring and controlling expenditure on the developments by controlling the "cost of sales", as well as ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
The post holder is responsible for Procurement, Payments, Budgets, Valuations, Cost to Completes and administration of Health and Safety procedures.
* With assistance from other QS's, Contracts Managers & Site Managers, prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by the Operations Manager.
* Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
* Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
* Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land appraisal.
* Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land appraisal.
* Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Operations Manager for placing sub-contract order.
* For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires.
* Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
* Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order.
* Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing.
* Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team.
* Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
* Prepare interim payments for approval by the Operations Manager.
* Prepare draft budget estimates for approval by the Operations Manager.
* Issue contra-charges as appropriate.
* Liaise with Customer Care with regards to payment of remedial works and contra charge costs as appropriate
* Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
* Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate and report to the Operations Manager.
* Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete.
* Carry out monthly site progress visits for all sites responsible for.
* Produce Cost to Complete reconciliation (CTC) on a monthly and report quarterly.
* Carry out cost (and value) reconciliation on all items in CTC and agree final CTC with Operations Manager.
* Agree costs with the Accounts Department by checking Monthly printout.
* Prepare Cost to Complete (Profit & Loss) notes.
1 Health and Safety
* Ensure all Health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order.
* Ensure familiarity with companies Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
* Issue Variation Orders as appropriate.
* Price customer Extra's and liaise with Sales Department including Site Sales and Construction staff, Suppliers, Subcontractors and Purchasers (where required)
* Attend sites regularly and frequently to provide assistance and support to site staff.
* Ensure familiarity with Company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
* Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the Company's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
* Authority on all cost issues of a "standard" nature. Any major cost issues should be referred to Operations Manager.
Carry out the above duties on maximum of 3 developments at any given time however, this may vary depending on the nature of the development/scheme whether normal residential development or affordable housing developments or non-standard developments.