Quantity Surveyor (Build up to £3m)
Job DescriptionOur client carries out construction projects throughout the North West of England.
Specialising in complex projects, they have extensive experience in a wide range of sectors, notably education, health, social housing, industrial, commercial up to £3m.
Projects range from structural alterations and adaptations to full internal and external refurbishments.
* Appointment of and Procurement of sub-contractors, preparation of sub-contract orders
* Applications for payment / valuations - upstream & downstream including CVR and commercial reports (depending on size of each contract)
* Preparation & settlement of client final accounts
* Assisting in claims and dispute resolution
* Analysis & settlement of sub-contractor accounts
* Monitor & update monthly cost / sales / cash flow forecast - including labour analysis etc.
* Timely and accurate applications for payment compliant with the contract
* Ensure cash management is effective
* Maintaining risk management processes and procedures
* Ensure proper and timely notification of contract or Insurance events
* Contractual correspondence
* Preparing accurate and prudent cost /value analysis
* Budget preparation
* Approving interim and final account measurement
* Approving pricing and rating variations
* Obtaining appropriate extensions of time
* Management, interim and final account agreement of sub-contracts
* Good quality and accurate record keeping
Key skills and Qualifications
* Holds the relevant qualifications
* Relevant experience within a similar role
* Must have experience of Refurbishment & New Build up to £3m
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
* Hold a full UK Driving Licence
Successful candidates can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and was the Construction News Awards Winner of Employer of the Year.