Quantity Surveyor (Leading Developer)
Job DescriptionOur client is a leading housing developer, working on new developments across the northwest.
They have secured a number of new build schemes up to £50m and require a Quantity
Surveyor to work on a number of these high profile schemes.
Key Responsibilities of a Quantity Surveyor:
* To supervise, manage and advise on the Financial and Contractual Aspects of multiple construction project across the division.
* Attends design team meetings and development meetings when appropriate and also main contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings.
* Liaises with Development Surveyors to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement.
* Receive initial tender information and prepare and update procurement programmes.
* Agrees selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approves the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintains and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
* Monitors production of information and advised on financial feasibility of design development.
* Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
* Prepares tender evaluations, forms for approval / signing by authorised signatory.
* Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and agrees any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum.
* Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
* Prepare and agree initial preliminaries costings with Senior Quantity Surveyor and monitors expenditure.
* Liaise with contract buyer to determine allowances within budget for the direct procurement of materials and monitor material purchasing costs and incorporate in contract financial reports.
* Attends site meetings, project team meetings and subcontract meetings during currency of contract.
* Prepares and submits notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims.
* Ensures Subcontractors are prequalified with respect to H and S and that all H and S documentation is in place prior to starting on site.
* Keep RAMS schedule updated and issue to relevant parties.
* Passionate about construction and customer service.
* Wide knowledge of Construction Industry processes and procedures.
* Understanding of methods of measurement, standard forms of contract and reporting procedures.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent knowledge of ICT and Software systems.
* Qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.