Quantity Surveyor - PQS
Job DescriptionAn exciting new opportunity to become part of our expanding quantity surveying team to enhance and support the main business' growth plans.
You will work as a Private Practice Quantity Surveyor, providing high calibre professional advice to key clients based from their Manchester office working on a variety of diverse projects up to £10m.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive quantity surveyor with 2-8 years' experience, or recently Chartered, to excel within a supportive environment offering excellent career progression opportunities.
Our client is a £100m + Turnover independent investment business that builds and delivers for their own portfolio.
Diversity and strength in depth is important to them. You will be a qualified rising star - in today's risk averse world they need people on side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. They are large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
* To deliver the full cycle of cost planning and cost management services in relation to construction projects and in support of the team in Manchester.
* To help support the growth of the business offering key advice to commercial investor clients with a diverse mixture of schemes
* Pre and post contract stages including warranties, feasibility studies, cost planning, compiling and reporting on tenders, and agreeing final accounts
* Sound knowledge of building contracts including JCT
* Independent delivery of procurement; single and two stage tendering
* Ability to meet and exceed fee target
* Cost consultancy experience in the commercial, residential and retail sector
* Ability to demonstrate experience of good client relationship management
* Experience of delivering successful commercial cost consultancy
* Experience of working on project values ranging from £1m to £10m
* Experience of using a variety of forms of contract
Skills and behaviour
* BSc Quantity Surveying
* Ideally MRICS qualified
* Embraces technology
* Deliver services with autonomy and engender confidence in clients
* Diligent in experience with complex projects
* Must be a good team player but able to work independently
* Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
* Commercially focussed: Capable of developing client relationships & socially adept and ability to network at business development events
* Be involved in creating successful new and existing client relationships
* Willing to travel once a week to site.
* Competitive salary and package
* Benefits: Discretionary bonus scheme, company mobile phone,
* Excellent career progression opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* surveying: Minimum 2 years (Required)