Job DescriptionOur client is a dynamic, award winning property maintenance, refurbishment and new build company with over 100 years company history.
A commercial opportunity has arisen to be part of their growing Wrexham team, we are seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious Quantity Surveyor to continue to facilitate the successful running of works.
* Salary competitive
* Company Car/Car Allowance
* 24 Days Hols & BH
Summary - Quantity Surveyor
The role is to obtain and evaluate information to ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for designated refurbishment/maintenance projects/contracts. Whilst liaising with Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated project/ contracts.
Working on a broad range of works including Social Housing, voids, roofing and groundworks, we require someone with good all round Quantity Surveying experience.
Site working/visits in and around North Wales.
Key Responsibilities - Quantity Surveyor
* Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
* Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
* Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
* Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client's representative.
* Prepare monthly valuation reports for Senior Management.
* Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
* Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
* Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
* Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
* Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
* Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
Key skills and Qualifications
* Holds the relevant qualifications
* Must be an experienced Construction Quantity Surveyor
* Ideally to have worked with the public sector
* Social Housing/Planned Works experience essential
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Successful candidates can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and was the Construction News Awards Winner of Employer of the Year.