Job DescriptionQuantity Surveyor / Estimating Manager Industry: Construction based Joinery Manufacture Salary
We are a joinery, retail and commercial fit out contractor and have a well-equipped and modern factory in West Yorkshire which produces the finest joinery and finished unitary for the residential, commercial office, retail and leisure sectors. With an increasing portfolio of quality projects we can offer architects, designers, main contractors and retail clients a complete turn-key service. We now require an experienced Quantity Surveyor who can take responsibility for the delivery of high end joinery based contracts. For this broad role you will need a good level of contract expertise in the joinery sector. The role:
* Responsible for all estimating output and the scheduling of workload for the estimating team
* Review all enquiries and estimates prepared ensuring best practice at all times when submitting to customers.
* Working alongside the senior contracts manager and projects managers to prepare the contract joinery schedule and full contract detail package issuing to all departments prior to commencement of a project.
* Set up and maintain a projected final account reconciliation encompassing all variations throughout the life of the project keeping the customer updated with all variations.
* Using the ordering process negotiate the best possible rates and prices for subcontract works which represent the minimum amount of risk to the Company
* Prepare subcontract order documentation and distribute to the contract management team
* Obtain evidence of Subcontractors' insurance and financial details
* Prepare and agree within a defined cycle, the maximum possible payment for work properly executed by the Company in the form of interim valuations
* Monitor production output liaising with management for best possible invoicing submission
* Attend site frequently to inspect, measure and assess contract and subcontract works alike
* Ensure that the Company pays out no more than is contractually required in the settlement of subcontract accounts
* Actively pursue the collection of outstanding Sales Ledger debtors and refer bad or doubtful debts to the company director.
* Protect the interests of the Company at all times by active prevention and defence against contractual claims from clients and suppliers alikeOn offer is a competitive salary and also the opportunity for genuine career growth with a reputable contractor with a full order book. This is a challenging permanent role in a busy joinery business; you should be cool and capable of maintaining tight deadlines of your contracts. This is a great opportunity for an experienced joinery based Quantity Surveyor seeking more responsibility and autonomy. Our plans are to grow further, steadily concentrating on winning new business to maximize our continuing success. You must have a stable career track record to date and an enviable track record of achieving results, with an enthusiastic attitude and the confidence to make a difference.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org