Senior Estimator - Build Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client is a national principle contractor specialising in health, education, commercial, industrial, government, defence, pharmaceutical and retail. Their integrated approach involves working in partnership with consultants, designers and subcontractors.
From commercial developments to retail parks, office accommodation to industrial units, our client offers a multi-faceted service, including project planning, estimating, risk management, build ability analysis and quality management.
Due to a significant increase in work, they are now looking to appoint and Senor Estimator.
Including but not limited to:
* Preparation and completion of tenders
* Liaise with Head of Estimating to ensure that adequate and sufficient resources are available to meet bidding commitments.
* Monitor progress of tenders including re-allocation of resources as necessary.
* Liaise with other department heads and outside Consultants/practices where necessary, to ensure that adequate resources are in place to meet particular bidding requirements.
* Liaise with Proposals Managers/Design Managers, where applicable and attend design team meetings.
* Appraisal of tender documentation upon receipt for adequacy, sufficiency and initial risk profile.
* Prepare initial cost Plans as appropriate and monitor against design development/market testing.
* Evaluation of preliminaries with due regard to project programme, liaising appropriately with Operational Directors/Managers.
* Co-ordination of tender risks and compilation of Risk Register
* Current or previous experience in operating in a Senior Estimator capacity within a National Main Contracting organisation.
* Knowledge and experience of "first principle" analytical estimating across all sectors, particularly Defence, Custodial, Healthcare, Accommodation
* Must be experienced in projects over £3m in value.
* Experience with all forms of contract.
* Appropriate Construction related degree/HND or similar.
* Computer literate.
* Awareness of Industry procurement methods.
* Understanding of Whole Life Costs.