Building Estimator - Regional Contractor
Job DescriptionOur client builds brilliant communities, they build forward-thinking businesses, and they build the kind of amazing, career-transforming futures that people look forward to every day.
They are one of the UK's largest, independently owned construction, infrastructure and support services companies - and are still growing fast. The way we work is innovative and transformative, our people are passionate and knowledgeable, our culture is warm, friendly and family-driven, and with over 50 years' experience of our industry, our clients trust us to deliver everything we promise.
Your new role
When it comes to your career, we deliver everything we promise to.
As Estimator, you'll be responsible for:
* Supporting and managing bids (as required).
* Ensuring compliance with Bid Management processes.
* Managing Assistant Estimators and Trainee Estimators as required.
* Deliver core services on project bids.
* Input to monthly reporting.
* Meeting all deadlines for bid return dates and as may be otherwise set by management.
* Other duties as may be required by senior management.
* Attending and inputting to bid launch meetings.
* Reviewing bid documents and developing a bid strategy to give a competitive edge.
* Producing market competitive, nett cost estimates for bids in line with the RMS.
* Carrying out accurate quantity take-offs for the purposes of estimating - where required.
* Checking externally produced bills of quantities for accuracy.
* Pricing groundworks, drainage, sub-structure, masonry, joinerwork and partitions from first principles.
* Preparing and issuing sub-contract and material enquiries.
* Liaise with the procurement department to obtain material quotations.
* Inputting into gateway documents and gateway review meetings.
* Establishing value engineering opportunities.
* Establishing risks and inputting to project risk register.
* Preparing and checking tender letters, technical notes and qualifications for issue.
* Capturing data and preparing benchmarking reports to support bids.
* Ensuring all key estimating data is effectively transferred to the delivery team at handover stage.
To join us, their looking for:
* Minimum of 5 years' estimating experience is essential.
Experience of various sectors e.g. education, health, student residential, commercial office and a range of project values from £1m - £200m is preferred.